Last week’s finger coils were “set” with Eco Styler Gel in addition to the styling and moisturizing products. For this review I decided to opt for the crunch free coil and use my new haul of products from Qhemet Biologics – all of which are available at People’s Pharmacy – (for my local curl friends):
- Step 1: Deep condition hair (pre-poo method) with Amla & Olive Heavy Cream and Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee mixture – no science just mixed both and applied generously to the head and wrapped in plastic for 1 hour
- Step 2: Wash hair with the Egyptian Wheatgrass Cleansing Tea – my hair was soft and moist during the entire wash process.
- Step 3: Condition with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner – this is a staple for me and is usually a part of any products regimen I develop – it’s a must!!
- Step 4: Detangle with Moringa Tree Conditioning Ghee
- Step 5: Section hair and moisturize each section with Amla & Olive Heavy cream and the Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
- Step 6: Divide each section and coil the hair
|Top View: The coils were extremely soft and moisturized but didn’t have the hold at the root needed to maintain the shape|
|Side View: The butter is sitting on the hair but all in all a very healthy set of coils|
Review: In my opinion the Qhemet Biologics products are hands down the best products for moisture that I have come across. My hair was soft, moist and had movement for the entire process. The Egyptian Wheatgrass Cleansing Tea – shampoo step – left my hair feeling cleansed but not stripped and dry. My coils were extremely moisturized and almost felt “damp” for the week – the butter seemed to have a humectant effect on my coils.
My only concern was the lack of “hold” to the root of the coil. I should have purchased used a gel to set the coil at the root which would have allowed for neater sections and longer wear out of this style Without the gel there was no possibility of a coil out; my hair was almost too soft and healthy LOL!!